Read time: 6 minutes
What are Capture Hooks?
Capture hooks are a simple, safe and secure way to send form data captured on your website or landing page to DenGro. When a visitor fills out and submits a form, the data submitted will be sent, via the capture hook to your DenGro account.
Why use them?
Capture hooks (or Inbound webhooks) are a great option if your website or landing pages already have forms in place that you are happy with and don't want to replace.
What else do I need to know?
Your website forms or landing page builder must be able to support webhook integrations. Theoretically, any form builder or landing page builder that supports webhooks can be integrated with DenGro.
How do I access them and get started?
1) You will need an integrator or manager role in your DenGro account. To access the capture hooks simply go to Settings at the top right of your DenGro screen and select Practice Integrations, scroll down to find Capture Hooks.
2) Create a capture hook, firstly by giving it a relevant name such as 'Invisalign Lead Form' and choosing if you want to capture leads, enquiries or referrals via the hook.
What's the difference between a lead and an enquiry:
To qualify as a lead in DenGro, you must be capturing the treatment they are interested in. If you don't capture the treatment on the form, then they will be mapped in as an enquiry and you will need to set up an enquiry hook.
When setting up a Lead hook the treatment they are interested in is a 1-1 mapping ie one lead must map to one treatment. Your form must allow only one treatment option to be selected, via a dropdown/radio button etc.
If you are setting up a referral hook, there are certain key details that DenGro requires about the patient being referred and the practice doing the referring, in order to accept that referral into the account.
These fields are:
- Patient First Name
- Patient Last Name
- Patient Email
- Patient Phone Number
- Patient Address Line 1
- Patient City
- Patient Postcode
- Patient Date of Birth
- Dentist First Name
- Dentist Last Name
- Dentist Email
- Dentist Phone Number
- Referring Practice Name
- Referring Practice Street Address
- Referring Practice City
- Referring Practice Postcode
- Preferred Treatment
- Treatment Details
- GDPR Consent
Please make sure these fields are included on your referral form so the hook will work.
3) Your hook is now created and you can confirm the 'Affiliate'. This will nearly always be 'Practice', unless you have an affiliate code, supplied by DenGro. If you do, the name of your affiliate will will appear in the list, for you to select.
4) You will now see the URL of your capture hook which you can add into the relevant place on your website form builder. Please note this URL only accepts POST requests.
5) Submit a test lead from the form, that you have set the hook up on. If the hook is working correctly you will see a 'Request' appearing on the relevant Capture Hook page, which will show the data that has been captured
You can also use the 'History' button on the main Capture Hook page to see the details of the data that has been sent through and the 'status' of the hook.
The status will show as 'Pending' until the fields have been mapped in. This is detailed in the step below.
6)To finish, you now need to map the fields in from your form to DenGro. Scroll down the page to see the list of map fields available.
For example if you have a FirstName field on your form you would map it to first_name in DenGro, similarly if you have a field emailAddress you would map this to email.
You can also capture attribution data in your capture hooks, fields such (as) utm_source, utm_medium, utm_content, utm_term and utm_campaign as well as others can be mapped to DenGro so you can see where your leads and enquiries are coming from.
7) Once you have mapped the fields in you can either then send another test submission from the form the hook is in place on OR use the 'Replay' button which will appear in the 'History' page to run the test again.
Once you see the status as 'Complete' in the History page you will then know that a contact has been created in DenGro.
Please note, it's important to check your capture hook is still working periodically. We recommend checking it EVERY time you make any changes to your website or make any updates to plug-ins.
If you need any help getting started please get in touch with our support team: firstname.lastname@example.org