Read time: 5 minutes
DenGro’s preset automated messages are a powerful tool. They perform an important role nudging patient leads along their journey to treatment start. But there are times you’ll want to run tailor-made email campaigns that extend beyond these automated messages.
Here are three reasons you might want to send a non-standard email campaign:
- Retarget old/existing leads with a promotion or offer. For example, a summer sale.
- Re-engage leads who weren't ready for treatment previously.
- Promote other treatments. For example, Invisalign leads could be retargeted for teeth whitening or facial aesthetics.
- Send a service announcement to your leads.
That’s where email marketing services enter the mix. Hooking an email management service into DenGro makes sense because the additional functionality can enhance your ability to laser-target messages at specific types of patient lead.
Mailchimp – the leading email service
The best known service is MailChimp. It boasts an easy setup and the close attention they’ve paid to usability has made it a firm favourite with millions of marketers and entrepreneurs around the world. You’ll also find a wealth of simple, well-explained documentation that helps you build templates and upload data.
Mailchimp is the email tool most dental coaches would recommend. However, plenty of other deployment services allow you to upload data in a spreadsheet and setup your emails in-app/in-browser, so shop around if you have very specific needs.
If you want to stick with the market leader, follow the links to Mailchimp’s helpful documentation for guidance on each stage of your setup.
Step 1. Create an account
Step 2. Build a template
Step 3. Upload your data
Using DenGro to improve patient conversions
When planning out an email campaign, it’s important your email is relevant to recipients. Sending information about Invisalign offers to a lead who enquired about implants is a waste of your time and theirs...and if a lead notices the email you sent them is irrelevant, further down the line, they’ll be less likely to open more relevant messages. It’s not worth burning valuable bridges.
DenGro helps you capture a range of useful data types for the purpose of crafting well targeted email campaigns. Data includes:
- Inactive leads and the reason they're no longer interested in treatment. For example, treatment is too expensive, etc.
- The date the lead was added to DenGro
- The source the lead came from
- The treatment the lead is interested in
You can filter by these data types, then export to Mailchimp. This ensures the email campaign you’re sending is relevant to every patient lead on the mailing list.
Exporting data from DenGro
Filtering and exporting data from DenGro is an easy four step process:
- From your DenGro dashboard, navigate to 'Contacts’ and select 'Leads'. This will take you to a full list of all the leads in your DenGro account
- Choose the Edit Filters button to narrow down this list using the options at the top of the page. For example, all INACTIVE leads, interested in Invisalign, who submitted their details between 1st January and 30th April 2019
- Click Refine Results
- Once the page refreshes, click Edit Filters again and select the Export option.
You'll have a chance to customise the export before exporting the data and downloading all the details of the leads that match those filters, as a .CSV document.
The .CSV includes A LOT of columns. By customising the export, you can remove the unnecessary ones, keeping things like First Name, Last Name, Treatment, and Email Address.
Watch the video
More of a visual person? No problem, we've created a screen share video that goes through the whole process of exporting your data from DenGro and uploading it to a new email campaign in MailChimp:
Remember to use data legally
According to GDPR data law, your practice should have a record of consent from a lead in order to contact them about sales/promotions/offers. If you have this set up in DenGro, you should have consent recorded against each lead.
A column in the export will tell you whether consent has been captured for each lead. That means you can filter out leads who don't have recorded consent to contact when you’re exporting the list.
Make your enquiry management more efficient in less than a month. Try DenGro for free.