Read time: 2 minutes
If you use Gravity Forms in WordPress to create forms for your website, you can connect these to DenGro using the smart tool, Zapier. Your leads and enquiries will come directly and securely through the form and straight into the lead nurture process.
If you haven’t met Zapier yet, and you’d like to look around, you’ll find they have free trials available and a useful help page.
Before you get started connecting WordPress and DenGro, you’ll need to complete the following:
- You’ll need an account and login for Zapier, plus a little understanding of how it works.
- A Practice or Group admin role in DenGro.
- Admin access to your practice’s WordPress site.
- The Gravity Form plugin with the Zapier add-on for your WordPress site.
Create a Zap
To connect your WordPress Gravity Form to DenGro, you’ll need to ‘Make a Zap’ in Zapier, and set up your Triggers and Actions.
What’s a Zap?
A Zap is something that performs your automations for you using Zapier. So, a Gravity Form Zap is something that links your form to DenGro, so that the results are ‘zapped’ straight onto your DenGro Dashboard.
A Zap is made up of a Trigger and an Action. A Trigger is the part you want to connect to DenGro using Zapier. We’ll set up this up first:
- Login to Zapier.
- Go to ‘Make a Zap’ in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Above the selection of Built-in Apps on the the main screen, search for ‘Gravity Form’ in the Search box.
- Select ‘Gravity Form’ from the drop down.
- This will highlight ‘Choose Trigger’ on the left-hand toolbar. Ensure ‘New Form Submission’ is checked on the ‘Select Gravity Forms’ page. Then click ‘Save and Continue’.
- The next screen will prompt you to test your Gravity Form and give you a URL generated by Zapier.
- Copy the URL from the text box.
- At this point, you’ll need to head back to your WordPress site with the copied URL. Keep your Zapier tab open, you’ll be coming back to it.
Zapier URL in WordPress
This is the part where we open the door to DenGro in WordPress. Don’t forget, you’ll need to have the Gravity Forms plugin in WordPress with the Zapier add-on.
- Login to your WordPress site, and locate Contact Form 7 (‘Contact’ in the left-hand toolbar).
- Click on this, and you’ll see a Zapier tab under ‘Key Switch Panels’.
- Next to ‘Integrate’, ensure that the checkbox ‘Send to Zapier’ is ticked.
- Beneath this is a box for your Webhook URL. Paste the URL we copied from Zapier into this box. Click ‘Save’.
- Your WordPress Contact Form will now send any submissions to Zapier.
- Now, head to your website (as if you were a visitor) and enter a form as a test submission. This is necessary for Zapier to know which fields are in your form.
- This is the WordPress side completed. Head back to Zapier to finish creating your Zap.
Finish your Zap
In Zapier, it is the combination of a Trigger and an Action that makes a Zap happen. Now that you have a Trigger, you’ll need to create an Action with DenGro to complete your Zap. Your Action will be to create a lead or enquiry in DenGro.
- Click on the button that says ‘Ok, I did this’. Zapier will then look for your form. You’ve created your Trigger.
- On the left-hand side toolbar, underneath ‘Trigger’, is a box for ‘Action’.
- Choose an ‘Action App’: select the DenGro app. You can search for this by typing in the box.
- Create an ‘Action’. Choose one of the following options: Create Enquiry, Create Referral, Create Lead. Click ‘Continue’.
- Connect your DenGro account.
- Zapier will then ask to authorise your DenGro account. Click ‘Authorise’. Once you have authorised DenGro, Zapier will have access the Group and/or Practice information associated with your DenGro login.
- Choose your account from the list. Click ‘Continue’.
- Form Set Up will show relevant fields. Under Token, select your practice. Then, select your Affiliate. This could be a wider group that you would like to associate the form with, or you can choose your practice.
- Lead forms will have a treatment field. In the same way, choose your treatment.
- Then use the icon on the right-hand side the of each field bar to map it to the existing fields on your Gravity Form. These will show in a drop down menu. For example, in the Email Address box, select the dropdown menu and choose Email Address from your existing form choices. This step ensures that the details match up when they come into DenGro.
- When you have filled all your chosen fields, click ‘Continue’.
- You will see a form summary, and have the option to test it out. To test, click ‘Send Test to DenGro’. (You can skip this step by clicking ‘Skip Test’.) Your test will come through to DenGro as your form type: Enquiry, Lead or Referral.
- Click ‘Finish’ to complete your Zap.
If you have any issues with the above instructions, please contact email@example.com or open a chat window in the bottom right hand corner to ask a question now.